2026-9-29 Sapphire
Today I decided to head to Sapphire on the shuttle. I was surprised after being dropped off and walking to the other side of the bar to the beach. The beach had a bunch of Sargassum seaweed on it. It doesn't normally come to this beach, so that was a surprise.
The views were still great and I figured once I got past the seaweed snorkeling would be great as usual.But there was also a wind surfer taking up a large area of where we snorkel. But I decided to get in anyway and see if it was doable.It was nice and clear a short ways out. so I hugged the right side to avoid the windsurfer and went on out towards the point. Saw a lot of these jelly fish today and the next day. But they didn't seem to sting so I continued on.This guy pretty much shocked me. I was looking down and to the side and looked forward and this guy was slowly drifting past me! Glad he wasn't angry!I watched and made sure he kept goingI was surprised to see so many fan corals as I hugged the right sideand elkhorn coral started popping upas well as schools of fish
I don't remember ever seeing the elkhorn coral before. Usually we're out farther where the rocks are bigger and have big drops in themIt was cool seeing an area I had totally missed in all the times I've been to sapphire.
getting closer to the bigger rocks
decided I shouldn't go too far to the deep since I was alone. So turned back and hugged the shallows again
cute yellowtail damselfish
so many healthy fan corals!
don't know if this is healthy elkhorn coral or not, but it looked pretty neat.
almost back to shore
towards the bar area
back on shore. I sat on the ground for awhile, then decided to use their outdoor shower and sit o the steps by the bar until the shuttle came back
the sargassum from the step I was sitting on
The shuttle picked us back up around 4 and I headed back to the room.
It was another great day!



































































Comments
Post a Comment