2026-9-28 Coki
Solo time! What should I do today. Well, the Coki shuttle ran about 4 times a day and the Sapphire one only ran once a day and dropped you off for 4 hours. So I decided to do the Coki one today and see how that goes. It went great. It was a great day to be at Coki---no cruise ships in town! It is another big cruise excursion spot.
Today it was almost empty. I put my towel and bag down on the sand and headed into the water.Ballyhoo fishies. Lots of them here.and sergeant majorsWe didn't take Layla here because it's so commercialized. But when the ships aren't in port, it's not so bad. I think we should have taken her here.definitely more fish than we saw anywhere elseeven a diverand Jacksand lots and lots of trumpet fish. Didn't see any of them anywhere else this trip.lots of school fish---like the blue tangs
don't see many of the tangs with the white stripes
lots of parrot fish---like these male and female spotlight parrotfish
another kind of parrotfish
a parrotfish photobomging the trumpet fish
whenever someone came in the water the fish would swim over to see if they were going to be fed.
juvenile French Angelfish
I was lucky enough to get a quick picture of this guy, too, before he disappeared into the rocks
The Coral World building. Never been there, but it's another cruise ship hotspotlooking out from the bay
looking out from my place on the beach. I snorkeled about 2 hours, then took the shuttle back.
wanted to get back for the ice cream scoop by the pool treat. It really hit the spot---and was free!
I also hit the lower pool for a bit.this is where the musicians would play some evenings.I wanted to check out the sip and paint, too, so ran to my condo, changed and headed back to the lobby for the free activity. They even had pool in the upper lobby area near the painting areaI was a little earlymore bougainvillea around the resortfinally time to paint!I liked this idea---design on the canvas and paint away. No leader, we all had different pictures and different styles.My expert rendition. The margaritas weren't bad, either!Then it was almost time for bingo by the pool, so I went back there to play bingo. No luck today.
Finally it was time to head back to the room and figure out what leftovers I was eating for dinner today. The kids left me enough leftovers from our meals out that I didn't buy any meals during my 4 nights solo stay (until the last morning when I needed to kill time so ate breakfast at the restaurant).
Turned out to be a great day. I guess I can vacation by myself/




































































Comments
Post a Comment