2026-9-27 Kids leave and broken AC
Sad day---the kids were heading back home. Layla had school the next day and Josh back to work. But I had decided I didn't need to be back, so I had extended my trip. I was wondering if I made the right decision. What was I going to do without them here. I had a car reserved but decided I didn't know where I'd want to drive to, so canceled it. The resort offers free shuttles to Coki and Sapphire since they ruined their beach. So I figured I'd just take advantage of that and check out the activities at the resort.
But first---I went to see the kids off.
on my own----wandered around the resort a bit.checking out the lost beach
one of the lower buildings. There are 7 by the beach. They told me they were being renovated. I suspect they didn't let them be reserved because of the seaweed problem right now. I walked over to the little grocery store and Town Hall (where "owner updates" are held)the store and coffee shopI went to an owner update with the kids here 10 years ago, but at check in they told us we could go as a group. Once we got there they said no, we would be separated, so we didn't stay for the "update".One of the local residentsthe lower pool. It was open and had activities by it every afternoon. I did hang out here a couple times.the bar and resataurant (in the background)Thought it sort of funny that they have such a fancy sign explaining the Sargassum seaweed. I really didn't think it was all that bad while we were there. I think it was the end of it's season. I expected the smell to be much worse with the reviews people left, but it wasn't bad. it is sad that they took the beach away, though. Wonder if they'll eventually bring more sand i.the dock where the excursions go out from. I looked into their snorkel trip, but didn't want to spend $150 for that.some birds enjoying the sargassumthe 3 bedroom building we stayed in before when there was a beautiful beach and lounge chairs. We all much preferred the layout of these units, too---all one level, nice walk out patios, better laid out kitchen with waterfall counter.looks like the loss of beach is causing the trees to lean. Wonder if they'll eventually fall over.
Our building. Sure doesn't look all that high up from the beach, but there are quite a few steps up to the other side. We're on the 3rd (and 4th) floor with entry on the other side of the building.heading back to the room---looking back towards the lobby as I reach the steps.heading up the first set of stepsthe back side that is seen in the picture from the beachsome of the beautiful bougainvillea from the top of the stairs to building 8 selfie from my patio.
I ended up staying in the room for about 5 hours waiting for maintenance to come fix the AC---again! I even called the main office 3 or 4 times since they kept telling me someone would be right there. Not my idea of fun on a vacation day I thought of complaining to Wyndham after I got home, but didn't. seems like it's a known problem since they came out and "fixed" it twice. Seems like that's not really a "fix".
Eventually I headed back down tot he pool
was going to get a snow cone (the treat of the day), but they were late putting them out and when I was heading back, they were done.Not the greatest of vacation days, but better than being at work.





























Comments
Post a Comment